Pinned toot

Première rencontre de Programmation Fonctionnelle Strasbourg !

Jeudi 26 juillet 2018 à 19h00, à la Plage DIgitale, à Strasbourg.

framasphere.org/posts/5306725

why did the queer programmer get into quantum computing Show more

Not sure if that should be more hilarious or sad, but it’s true.

"I don’t make mistakes “from time to time” I make mistakes all the time. We all do. To pretend otherwise is folly." — Adam Savage

I hadn't realized that John Backus, who wrote the very famous article "Can Programming Be Liberated from the von Neumann Style?" for his Turing Award, strongly and rationnally advocating for , was also the inventor of , for which he was awarded.

So, when receiving his award for having invented Fortran, he basically explained why people should absolutely not use Fortran anymore!

Le principe des "curseurs de plausibilité" m'a beaucoup aidé a avoir une vision du monde moins binaire. C'est ce que propose les statistiques bayésiennes.

Il n'y a pas d'un coté les choses qu'on croie absolument, et de l'autre les chose auquel on ne croie pas du tout.

Il est bien plus sain d'essayer d'évaluer notre adhésion a tel ou tel hypothèse sur le monde sur un curseur continu.

C'est ça, être ouvert d'esprit. 😁

skeptikon.fr/videos/watch/1b8e

#Zététique #Bayes

Je me pose sérieusement la question : sait-il à quel point sa réaction est stupide et insultante pour la République et ses cityoen·ne·s ?

(rasoir de Hanlon : ne jamais attribuer à la malice ce qu'on peut raisonnablement attribuer à la stupidité)

Github is now a fully owned, proprietary tool of Microsoft.

It's time to decide.

Do we as a community allow our future to depend upon commercial interests of a company that to this day spreads FUD and minimizes our impact when it suits their plans?

Or do we step up, do what we do best and take our code to somewhere created by the us for us and the good of the community?

This isn't about hating Microsoft. It's about loving our own sovereignty and controlling our *own* future.

Please Boost.

Imaginez toutes les assurances auxquels vous souscrivez.

Toutes dans une seule cotisation contre TOUT les risques de la vie.

Une grande caisse de sécurité sociale, gérée par des représentants des salariés.

C'est à ça que j'aspire.

Quelqu’un pourrait parler de Elm, ou on pourrait peut-être rapidement se faire un petit Kata dessus ?

How Slays a UI Antipattern

blog.jenkster.com/2016/06/how-

Cher·e·s adminsys, désobéissez à vos chefs s'ils vous demandent l'accès à la messagerie d'un·e employé·e. Si ça râle en face, renvoyez les à la décisions de la #CEDH dans l'affaire Bărbulescu c. Roumanie :
hudoc.echr.coe.int/app/convers

Première rencontre de Programmation Fonctionnelle Strasbourg !

Jeudi 26 juillet 2018 à 19h00, à la Plage DIgitale, à Strasbourg.

framasphere.org/posts/5306725

Announcing Open Privacy Research Society

"Privacy is Consent. Privacy is the right to consent. Privacy is the right to withdraw consent.

The Open Privacy Research Society (Open Privacy for short) is a non-profit Canadian group based in Vancouver, British Columbia. We believe that moral systems enable consent. Our society exists to invent, create, build, test, deploy, promote, and to encourage the development of such systems."

openprivacy.ca/blog/2018/03/28

"We use so that 99% of the time, the compiler can prove our program safe. Then, the other 1% of the time, we use our human intuition to decide to "gamble" and disagree with the compiler.

In most languages, 100% of your code is that same gamble."
— jrockway on HN

Show more
La Quadrature du Net - Mastodon - Media Fédéré

Bienvenue dans le media fédéré de la Quadrature du Net association de défense des libertés. Les inscriptions sont ouvertes et libres.
Tout compte créé ici pourra a priori discuter avec l'ensemble des autres instances de Mastodon de la fédération, et sera visible sur les autres instances.
Nous maintiendrons cette instance sur le long terme.