#FreeBSD problem of the day.
Attempt to boot the laptop, soon after providing the GELI password, the boot sequence stops while loading "loader":
ZFS: zfs_alloc()/zfs_free() mismatch
Laptop was okay in the morning, no updates AFAICR, and the system was shut down properly.
Booting on a memstick image of FreeBSD CURRENT, the boot process asks for the disk passphrase, typing-in it leads to another ZFS-releated error message (related to metadata that could not be found) and boot failure (1/x)
The port systems seems to have nothing built-in, and running `go generate` with the same environment as `go build` produce an error:
$GOPATH/go.mod exists but should not
If I strip the env, it downloads the source again.
Can someone point me to the good direction for fixing this?
Still trying to build some go application in the #FreeBSD ports.
Trying to do so using go:modules as shown in this example:
But build fails:
build github.com/choria-io/go-choria: cannot load github.com/AlecAivazis/survey: no Go source files
I am a go newbie, I feel like some distfile is not extracted or moved to the right location, but don't really know what is supposed to be done…
I am all hear for help and suggestions, thanks!
make: don't know how to make gomod-vendor. Stop
Packaging this go crap… 😒
Any update for the #FreeBSD porter handbook? This section tells to use gomod-vendor which seems non-functional:
This website is incredibly helpful for #FreeBSD ports maintainers. Without it is a pain to check which ports have updates and which ports do not have updates. As an example, I missed about ¼ of the #Puppet infrastructure updates during service disruption.
Catching up right now!
Isn't `zpool status` supposed to show "(resilvering)" in front of the disk that I have just added to a pool?
I do have information about a resilver in progress in the header, but expected to see "(resilvering)" at the end of the line of the device (gpt/disk0) I added to the pool (using `zpool attach zroot gpt/disk1 gpt/disk0`).
I feel confused 🤔…
I think we need some kind of USES=puppet to register dependency on sysutils/puppetX; depending on DEFAULT_VERSIONS=puppet=X… where X=5 or 6.
For now, databases/puppetdb-terminus would benefit from this (yeah, the ports won't allow you to do that now, but it's supposed to be possible), and that would allow me to commit textproc/rubygem-puppet-strings which works with both versions.
Does it makes sense?
Do we still really need to bump PORTREVISION of dependent ports when a library is updated?
poudriere(8) will detect the missing dependency and rebuild the package; pkg(8) will detect the missing library dependency and force update of the package.
Before I used poudriere(8) + pkg(8); portmaster(8) was able to rebuild dependent ports, I suppose this feature was not removed.
Is it not time to stop doing this?
This problem is reported by the client:
tlsv1 alert internal error
The server does not report any problem in it's logs:
connection_read(14): checking for input on id=1011
connection_read(14): TLS accept failure error=-1 id=1011, closing
In wireshark, I can see 3 way handshake, STARTTLS request & answer, Client Hello, Server Hello, FIN, FIN
Does this ring a bell?
Oh oh, dlvsym(3) does not have a man page on #FreeBSD. For a second, I though we had no support for this 😨 😱
When I started using #FreeBSD, crashing a server was as easy as plugging-in a USB thumb drive and removing it from the computer 2 or 3 times…
Today, I am playing with USB Device Mode (USB OTG), and it just works™.
Amazing work ! 🤗
Updating #FreeBSD packages…
[10/22] Upgrading gimp-app from 2.8.22_1,1 to 2.10.6,1...
[10/22] Extracting gimp-app-2.10.6,1: 6%
pkg: Fail to create temporary file: /usr/local/libexec/gimp/2.2/plug-ins/align-layers/.align-layers.uZrshxIeOCdI:Not a directory
[10/22] Extracting gimp-app-2.10.6,1: 100%
romain@zappy ~ % echo $?
Had to `pkg remove gimp`; `pkg autoremove`; `pkg install gimp` 🙄
The 5 to 6 upgrade was the smoothest I experienced when changing major version of Puppet. You will probably have to add a few modules in your control-repo Puppetfile (for core types that where moved outside of Puppet), and either adjust the configuration or your master certificate for the `puppetserver ca` command to operate successfully (see https://github.com/smortex/puppet-add-cli-auth-to-certificate for details)
Fun with with libxo(3) support in w(1) on FreeBSD:
Changing the user locale is enough to produce invalid JSON output: switch language to french (or any language with ',' (not '.') as the decimal separator) and enjoy:
% LC_ALL=fr_FR.UTF-8 w --libxo json | jq
parse error: Objects must consist of key:value pairs at line 1, column 176
Output formats intended for computers should probably not be affected by the user's environment variables / preferred language.
Today, I rebuilt my ARM #FreeBSD #poudriere jail with the "-x" flag https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/commit/f2177f6a118092e6f576a0280f54e1193cb6bf90
It was introduced 4 years ago but I was not aware of it until bapt@ or manu@ told me about it at #bsdcan.
Package building time comparison, (before → after):
pkg: 00:34:16 → 00:02:57
sqlite3: 00:54:17 → 00:05:38
perl: 03:43:08 → 00:52:23
openssl: 04:45:02 → 00:22:19
ruby: 06:45:40 → 00:10:38
Building all packages of an appliance took more than one day, and is not bellow one hour and a half.
The WIP #choria broker (which replaces ActiveMQ in your "typical" MCollective setup) is available in puppet@'s repository:
Pro tips: if you have an entry "try-out mcollective" on your todo-list, replace it by "try-out choria", and save a week of work… Really!
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!