On May 7, the Gaithersburg Book Festival is featuring me in an interview conducted by John Scalzi; we pre-recorded the event but I'll be in the live chat for the premiere.
Political economy vs inflation: Larry Summers is a dope.
#1yrago .ORG has been snatched from the grasp of rapacious private equity billionaires https://pluralistic.net/2020/05/01/icann-can-and-did/#we-won
#1yrago Frontier deliberately denied fiber to millions https://pluralistic.net/2020/05/01/icann-can-and-did/#fiber-now
#1yrago How Big Ag destroyed our food supply's resilience https://pluralistic.net/2020/05/01/icann-can-and-did/#big-ag
Yesterday's threads: Experian doxes the world (again); and more!
My book "How to Destroy Surveillance Capitalism" is a critique of Big Tech connecting conspiratorial thinking to the rise of tech monopolies (proposing a way to deal with both) is now out in paperback:
My ebooks and audiobooks (from @torbooks, @HoZ_Books, @mcsweeneys, and others) are for sale all over the net, but I sell 'em too, and when you buy 'em from me, I earn twice as much and you get books with no DRM and no license "agreements."
* In conversation with John Scalzi (Gaithersburg Book Festival), May 7, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQAVJPE1vRk
* Interoperability and Alternative Social Media, Reimagine the Internet, May 12, https://knightcolumbia.org/events/reimagine-the-internet
* Book launch for Aminder Dhaliwal's Cyclopedia Exotica (Indigo), May 13, https://www.crowdcast.io/e/udbva8py/register
* Seize the Means of Computation, Ryerson Centre for Free Expression, May 19, https://cfe.ryerson.ca/events/how-destroy-surveillance-capitalism-seize-means-computation
* Right to Repair, Monopolies, and Solarpunk
* The surveillance state, digital monopolies, and why we should be worried (Podsongs)
* Conspiracy Theories (Utopian Horizons):
My first picture book is out! It's called Poesy the Monster Slayer and it's an epic tale of bedtime-refusal, toy-hacking and monster-hunting, illustrated by Matt Rockefeller. It's the monster book I dreamt of reading to my own daughter.
You can also follow these posts as a daily blog at pluralistic.net: no ads, trackers, or data-collection!
Here's today's edition: https://pluralistic.net/2021/05/01/mayday/
If you prefer a newsletter, subscribe to the plura-list, which is also ad- and tracker-free, and is utterly unadorned save a single daily emoji. Today's is "🍫". Suggestions solicited for future emojis!
Subscribe here: https://pluralistic.net/plura-list
Mamot.fr est une serveur Mastodon francophone, géré par La Quadrature du Net.