Shortwave 2.0 is available now 🥳
@xerz Hehe yeah I flatpaked it, fixing bugs with the helpnof the author, and put it on Flathub. 😁 I planned to do CD, 1 and 2, but well… it somehow didn't happen. Enjoy!
Very happy to finally get the screen cast portal demo fully working o/
A few GTK4 widgets, 3d transformations and css...
For some reason video uploading doesn't work right now, so see https://twitter.com/alexm_gnome/status/1379481819133972482 for a video.
@AbbieNormal Thanks! I'll know if they are good tomorrow, it's a traditional for blackfeet to eat it for Easter. 😁
@Saroufim Something like that yeah. We think it will help the GTK devs focus on its core, while better serving GNOME with a dedicated library, just like Granite serves elementary. It should also help other users of GTK.
Here comes libadwaita! Read about our plans to make GNOME apps and GTK 4 even better, and about the future of libhandy: https://adrienplazas.com/blog/2021/03/31/introducing-libadwaita.html
@xerz In GNOME Games you mean? Tricky question, which feature are you looking for exactly? The extra generic palettes, the game-specific color palettes, the frames? All of that maybe?
@aurnytorink Alexander looked into that recently and struggled, and he's way better at thos than I am. 😅 External help is welcome. 🙂
GNOME Games 40 is available on Flathub, with added support for Mega Drive, Dreamcast, GameCube and Nintendo 3DS! https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Games
In 2 years:
- Advance Wars (GBA, turn-based strategy)
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA, adction adventure)
- Golden Sun (GBA, J-RPG)
- Metroid Zero Mission (GBA, action adventure)
- Pikmin (Game Cube, exploration)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, action adventure)
- Secret of Mana (SNES, action adventure)
- Streets of Rage II (Mega Drive, beat them up)
- Super Metroid (SNES, action adventure)
- Super Smash Bros. (N64, party fighting game)
@dubstar_04 @exalm Sure, here are a few that should run on most mahcines. I'd recommend you try them first to see if they are fit for your children, and to only present 2-3 games at a time so they don't feel overwhelmed.
- Mega Man X (action platformer)
- Super Bomberman 5 (party game)
- Super Mario World (platformer)
- The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past (action adventure)
@zensaiyuki I often encounter such things when dealing with IRC advocates. IRC — and by extension their defense of it — can be so blatantly harmful to newcomers…
GTK plastic surgeon at Purism, author of GNOME Games, patching GtkAboutDialog in the worst way possible since 2011.
Mamot.fr est une serveur Mastodon francophone, géré par La Quadrature du Net.